Sunday 3 May 2015

March's Blog. Artist studio, workspace, Bristol, New stock, Eden Festival, The Dread Bead Shop

*|MC:SUBJECT|*
Supremily Jewellery Banner

March 2015 News


Hello! If you've been wondering where the March edition of my ramblings had got to..here it is! Better late than never!

Lots of exciting announcements this month.....it's been a busy busy time for me. Please have a read on to see what's been happening...

Northumberland

I've got some lovely new products which are slowly creeping their way into the shop. This process is so time consuming.
And so...I'm excited to firstly announce that my little business will soon have it's first employee!!! My future step son and super creative little being is going to be helping me from week to week with tasks such as sticker printing/cutting, packaging, photo editing, clay conditioning and much much more! He's studying Art at college and will be a perfect first employee to train up in the studio ready for any future local young apprentices! Isaac was one of my Christmas elves on the stall, his help was much needed and he did such a wonderful job!

I'm also thrilled to be back in the studio upstairs after having to move all my work downstairs by the fire these last few freezing months! It's looking great after all the investment in new workspaces and is massively helping with productivity and organisation!

The new office/accounts corner now has it's new mandala Indian wall hanging I mentioned was on order. It's so beautiful! The desk space is proving to be one of the best investment decisions yet! It's also become the new packing station, with envelopes being kept in the drawers and all postage paid for and printed off on-line so I can walk to the post box ( a 3 mile round trip!) with orders already pre-paid.

This little area by one of the windows is for stringing/wiring/finishing pieces. The new tool drawers are keeping all the many tiny little bits and pieces safe. I'm so organised I could cry... (tears of organised joy that is!).

Then onto the glueing and glazing station. No need for any more explanation me thinks!

Myself and my good friend Ralph drove to Bristol to visit our good friend Susan for a little break. We took a day trip to Glastonbury to visit the crystal and incense shops and took a very windy walk up the Tor!

The break was much needed and gave me some time to reflect on a lot of things and make plans for improvement in all areas of life!

New Outlet

You can now find a small selection of my mini brooches, stud earrings and new tear drop design earrings at 'Your Place' in Allendale, on the site of the old Village shop. Your Place is a new venture which opened at the beginning of this month. It offers graphic design, a beauty salon and a cultural gift shop.

The Hemmel cafe and giftshop in Allenheads has now been re-stocked with new earrings, brooches and crochet hooks and Bede's World in Jarrow now has 40 new magnets, 15 crochet hooks and lots of studs, brooches and a small selection of hair slides, cuff-links and rings. Next on my list will be more crochet hooks for The Cane Workshop in Alston... if you're looking for places to visit in the Spring I thoroughly recommend all of these places, they are fab!

The Supremily facebook page reached an important milestone the other day and now has over 1000 likes! How wonderful!!! And I've got even more to celebrate....

My application to trade at The Eden Festival has been ACCEPTED!!!!!!
I am so so happy about this, I love this festival so much! As many of you will remember from last years newsletters, I came back from trading at Eden last June full of love as I had got engaged!! Ian proposed to me on the last night and got down on one knee in our garden back home on our return from Scotland. Eden will always hold such a special place in my heart. I love it so much! Ok, I'll stop now..!

I've applied to have a walk in stall at the festival...which I don't as yet own! This means a bit of saving up needs to be done and I will soon be investing in one after 5 years of wishing I had one! And as they say, good things come to those that wait... I'm a very patient little being. Believe me..!

The Dread Bead Shop

Separating the dread beads from the jewellery was something I had been wanting to do for a while, and since launching 'The Dread Bead Shop' and opening up a separate on-line Etsy shop I've managed to begin generating a nice extra little income. It's proved to be extremely successful so far, with over 400 instagram followers and daily etsy likes from members. I've had some lush new business cards printed and I'm really excited about the future of this extra little adventure!


Where to find me in March

Tynemouth Market, Saturday 14th,
21st, 28th
(maybe not all of these.....please check up on the facebook page!)

 

Quayside Market ~ Sun 15th, 22nd, 29th
(weather dependant)

And of course you can visit the online shop at any time..

 

 
Supremily Shop

I'm turning 30 on the 24th of this month, big celebrations to be had. I'm feeling big changes coming and can't wait to see what my 30's have to offer (marriage in 2016 being one!!) as I wave good bye to my 20's. What a journey that has been, my goodness! Here's a few challenges and accomplishments age 20-30..

  • Age 22..Graduated from University with a Criminology and Forensic Science Degree (would you believe!!!)
  • Age 23 worked for both Proctor and Gamble and Sanofi Aventis as an analyst (or a lab monkey I would call it).
  • Overcame severe depression age 24....a sign of big changes to come...
  • Started my business at the age of 25 with only £400 in the bank and no loan/business help...everyone thought I was mad when I handed in my notice at work!
  • Age 27, the business was invited to be featured in Vogue Magazine.
  • At 28 I had and fully recovered from major facial surgery which has completely changed my quality of life although nearly took it away :-(
  • Moved from Newcastle into the wilds of Northumberland to live life amongst the wild flower meadows in our lovely farm house with my love.
  • Got engaged at 29
.......wowee so there we go. That just skims the surface of the incredible journey I've been on. Thank you so much for coming along for the ride!!

In just over 3 weeks time I'll be flying to Dubai for a short break with my Mum to visit my sister who lives over there. The online shops will be closing and I'll not be doing any markets (obviously as I won't be around!). I'm hoping to get the next newsletter sent out before I go away but just in case I don't....and you're wondering where I am...I'll be sunning myself and hopefully chilling by a pool/beach or riding a camel!! Ha! Photos to come...!

So, until next time. Thank you for reading. Sending out much love to you all Xxxx

Facebook
Facebook
Twitter
Twitter
Website
Website
Copyright 2015 Supremily Jewellery, All rights reserved.
March Newsletter

unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences 
 






This email was sent to *|EMAIL|*
why did I get this?    unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences
*|LIST:ADDRESSLINE|*

*|REWARDS|*

No comments:

Post a Comment